Italian Guacamole — fresh basil is the rockstar of this delicious twist on classic guacamole.
3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
2 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely chopped
1 roma tomato, cored and finely chopped (or 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes)
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
pinch of coarse black pepper
1. Mash together all ingredients together with a fork until combined.
Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
2. Serve immediately, or cover the bowl with plastic wrap (so that the
plastic is literally touching the entire top layer of the guacamole)
Organic mixed herbs or greens
1/4 organic avocado, sliced
1 artichoke heart (cut up)
5 pitted kalamata olives
5 organic grape tomatoes
1 teaspoon organic flax or hemp seeds, ground
1 tablespoon olive or flax seed oil
1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
1. Using above ingredients, prepare each salad serving on its own plate.
2. Place mixed herbs or greens on plate. Next, place artichoke and avocado on top of greens.
3. Place 5 kalamata olives and 5 tomatoes on top for presentation.
4. Sprinkle a teaspoon of flax or hemp seed on top and then add oil and vinegar.
5. Keep in mind that since this salad is high in good fat, it is quite filling. You may want make two portions of it.
Recipe Source: http://www.defensenutrition.com/blog/category/whey-protein/whey-protein-recipes/
AVOCADO PROTEIN POPS
by: Broke Girl Fitness
1 ripe avocado
1/2 of a very ripe banana
1/4 cup of Warrior Whey Green Tea Protein Powder
1 cup of almond milk (could use coconut, soy, hemp, etc)
2-3 Tbsp of lime juice (1/2 lime)
Throw all your ingredients in a blender and run until smooth
Pour into a Popsicle mold and store in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours.